Monday 29 September 2014

Spring long weekend x1

We've been doubly blessed in the Australian Capital Territory, we have two long weekends back-to-back. Awesome. The snow has melted on the mountains, more or less, so there was no early morning drive up to Perisher for a day of snowboarding. Instead, I used my time wisely. Kind of. 

I went to Floriade Nightfest with a couple of friends. Floriade is a bit like a flower theme-park. A lolly shop for florists, if you like.
I got a haircut. And had my 'brows done.
I went shopping. A few times. Cabin fever set in about 36 hours into the weekend.
I watched/listened to much of the 2014 Last Night of the Proms.
S-P-E-C-T-A-C-U-L-A-R.
I re-watched Outlander from the beginning in preparation for the mid-season final. 
I bought the (first) Outlander book and am half-way through it.
I went to wander through the Australian National Botanic Gardens.
I've caught up on the laundry.

And I've still got the rest of today to...

read, probably, if i'm being honest.

Also this month:



The annual Bride-to-Be spin off mag Flowers and Wedding Styling was released in September, making me one happy, happy, happy florist. It is a long wait for this beautiful magazine to grace the shelves each year.

I've been obsessing over Lovestar. These vases are genius. So, so effortlessly cool.

My current flower crush is the exceedingly humble chamomile daisy. It must be a Spring thing. These sweet little daisies are the essence of this season.

I've been lusting after beautiful and unusual ribbon.

And thinking about cake styling.

Oh, and of course there was a flower crown for a wedding in there somewhere too. Here is a sneak peek. More to come (hopefully).



K xx


Flowers, styling and photography by Moss & Vine






No comments:

Post a Comment