Thursday 18 June 2015

Thursday (holiday) flower throwbacks

"A garden isn't meant to be useful, it's for joy."
- Rumer Godden

It looks like a tropical paradise or a film set. It's not. I took this (above) picture in the United States Botanic Garden in Washington DC. Put me in any city, and I will find public gardens.

When I lived in New Zealand for a year, my favourite place was the Winter Garden (below) in Auckland Domain. There is something magical about stepping inside a glass room overflowing with unusual plants and blooming flowers and creeping vines. A whole other climate exists inside. Temperate, tropical, sub-tropical, they're all wondrous places.

Purple delphinium, poppy pods.

Blue, white, and purple delphinium.

Foxgloves.



Kate  x



UNITED STATES BOTANIC GARDEN
AUCKLAND WINTERGARDENS

Just a quick note to regular readers of Moss & Vine. Links embedded in my posts that are suggested by me are now CAPITALISED, other links in lowercase that may appear from time to time are not designed by me. Use them at your discretion, they may be helpful to you, or they may not.

Best, Kate  x 

No comments:

Post a Comment