Thursday, 21 May 2015

Sunday dreams


If you know me, you'd know that I'm a small-town-sort-of-girl. We just spent a weekend in the Southern Highlands. My happy place. One day I will live there. I'd like nothing more than to swap my local supermarket for a local corner store, or better still, a vegetable patch. I'd love to swap my suede heels for Hunter wellies. I want so badly to stop buying market special bunches of flowers, and instead cut roses from my garden. I'd be happy to swap the reverse cycle air-conditioning in our flat for a proper wood-burning fire. I'd definitely love to trade the smoggy city air for fresh, crisp country air. And I wouldn't mind a miniature donkey or two...


 Once I finally transport myself to my rural idyllic, here's how I will spend my time:

Fill my mantle piece with HOME GROWN LILACS each Spring.

Potter about in our kitchen rearranging things. Inspiration? THISTHIS & THIS.

Grow tulips, love-in-the-mist, DAVID AUSTINS, hellebores, peonies, forget-me-nots, hydrangea, muscari, lavender, ranunculus, jasmine, poppies, CELOSIA, gardenia, jonquils, daffodils. Basically all the flowers.


SIP INDULGENT DRINKS by the fire. Washed down with MORE INDULGENCE. And then some MORE.

Stroll down country lanes and say "hello" to the LOCALS.

Bring arm-fulls of BRANCHES indoors. Every SEASON.


And,

sit by the fire with a DOGGY COMPANION.



Kate  x



Photographs by Moss & Vine

Garden: RED COW FARM, Sutton Forest