Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Traditions, trends and thyme

There is a wedding floristry trend making a comeback that has me suppressing squeals of delight. When I say trend and comeback, I really mean it. This style was the original wedding bouquet and was at it's height in the Victorian era. It is the humble, but undeniably gorgeous, herb bouquet. I frickin' love it.



I just grabbed these from the garden of my childhood home. It's no wedding bouquet, but you can surely see how sweet the herb bouquet could be. In my hand is: sage, mint, rosemary, bay leaves, thyme and wormwood. There is something about flowering thyme, and the dusty green tones of sage. Bliss! As you can imagine it smells divine. The history and sentiment and symbolism involved in herb bouquets is utterly fascinating. Read more, and see stunning examples, here. You too will fall in love with the potential of herbs in wedding work. 

K xx