Monday, 4 August 2014

July in a nut shell

It has been quite a month. I have settled into a new and permanent (for the next year at least) apartment. I've been snow boarding almost every weekend. And I've been fine tuning my floristry skills at work. I thought I'd share some of the floral highlights we've seen come through the shop during July.




















This 'blue moon' rose is one of my absolute favourite rose colours. It's amazing how versatile the colour is. It goes with so much, yet has such a delicate quality to it.





















Blushing bride is the baby sister in the Protea family. It's a little bit special. I love it in wedding work. It adds so much interest.





















There is wax flower, and then there is wax flower. This month wax seemed to be on steroids. I've never seen such lovely wax before. This came in smelling of a mix between baby powder and honey. Bliss!





















Ornamental kale is a love or loathe kind-of-a-thing. I can't help but love it when it comes through the door in these colour-ways. It's a head turner if nothing else.





















Chrissies can be lack lustre and boring. Not these little ones. The detail is wonderful. Sometimes it's is good to take a second look at the staples in floristry. It's easy to dismiss the humble Chrissie! Don't!






















Sea holly is my go-to for vintage feels. It's so unexpectedly awesome. It can be difficult to get blue flowers without resorting to awful dyed orchids and the like. Sea holly saves the day. I love it.


Now that I have an internet connection again, i'll aim to get back to blogging on a regular basis. Stay tuned for more stunning flowers courtesy of Mother Nature.

Good bye July, hello August.

K xx